LPG subsidy: How to give it up?
Bengaluru, April 4: We will give it up was the slogan that Prime Minister Narendra Modi coined which was received by huge uproar at the National College Grounds here on Friday, April 3.
The Prime Minister urged all those who could afford to give up the subsidy should do so.
The prime minister also struck an emotional chord this evening when he said that the subsidy amount would not go to the government coffers. He also joked saying that he is not taking it either.
"We will identify 2 lakh families in the first phase who use firewood for cooking. The amount that we have saved from those who have given up subsidy will be used to provide gas for such families," he said.
"Spare a thought for those million mothers who use firewood and inhale the smoke. Let us do our bit in helping these mothers a gas connection so that they lead a healthy life," the Prime Minister also added.
Giving up an LPG subsidy is extremely easy. However, many are unaware of the procedure.
Here we explain the various ways in which we can give up an LPG subsidy.
Once you give up the subsidy the amount to be paid per cylinder would is Rs 648.50 as on date. The subsidy amount as on date is Rs 220.47.
5 steps to give up subsidy online:
1. A customer can log on to the following sites:
2. Once a customer is logged into these sites, the person needs to register his account details by quoting either the consumer number or the 17 digit number which can found in the gas passbook.
3. Once the login details are filled you need to look for the tab "click to give up LPG subsidy online.
4. On some sites one could also click on mypahal which would lead up to the link to give up subsidy.
5. Once you have reached the give up subsidy page it is a matter of one click. You then get an option to either be part of the scroll of honour of not. The choice yours.
4 steps to give up subsidy through SMS:
Those not wanting to go online could give up subsidy of their LPG connection by sending out a message.
1. Bharatgas, Indane and HP gas customers would have to send the following message to give up their subsidy:
- For Bharat Gas: GIVEITUP to 7738299899
- For HP Gas: GIVEITUP to 9766899899
- For Indane: GIVEITUP to 8130792899
2. Customers need to send these messages through their registered mobile number.
3. This is a relatively easier option says B S Pavan Kumar, Star distributor B V S Enterprises for IOC Bengaluru.
4. However, customers must bear that they need to use their registered mobile numbers to give up their subsidy.
Give up subsidy through mobile app:
Customers also have the option of downloading an app to give up their subsidy.
However, this app is available only on the Google playstore. Once the app is downloaded customers could enter their mobile number and follow the procedure.
Link for HP Gas: HP Gas
Link for Indane: Indane
Link for Bharat Gas: Bharat Gas
Give it up at the agency:
Abhjit Dey, DGM, LPG told Oneindia that for those who wish not to use any of the above mentioned options they could go to their agency and fill up form to give up their subsidy.
This form is available at any distributor and all the customer needs to do is provide the consumer number and signature. The rest will be taken care of by the distributor.
Dey also says that those who do not wish to go to the agency could send their consumer number with the gas delivery boy who would in turn provide them with a form.
The form could be filled in at home and given to the delivery boy who would in turn give it to the distributor.
Dey also says that in case of any doubts persons could call on the toll free number 18002333555. All queries would be answered, he also informed.