• search
For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Kerala: 120 school children admitted to hospital for food poisoning


Nearly 120 children were taken ill after eating a meal at a school and admitted to a hospital.The children were from a lower primary school at Thonnakel in the district.

Image for representation only

The primary conclusion is that the students might have taken ill after consuming egg or curry which was served at the school on Wednesday noon.

Though the children showed no signs of illness on that day, some of them complained of discomfort on next day morning. By evening, the students sought medical help at a private hospital at Vengode following fever, vomiting and stomach ache.

[READ: CBI to probe Sreejiv custodial death case in Kerala]

A special ward has been opened at the Medical College SAT hospital considering the emergency situation.

Though the condition of the none of the affected children was serious, they would be discharged only after monitoring their health condition, a release from the Medical College Hospital said on Friday.

Parents rushed their children to local hospitals initially as they complained of uneasiness after they had noon meal served in school on Wednesday. Later they were admitted to the hospital.

Samples of the food the students had were being sent for examination.


For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more