Comedian Kapil Sharma has reportedly sent a legal notice to journalist Vicky Lalwani for allegedly defaming him and sought an unconditional apology within a week. Sharma has also threatened that if Lalwani fails to apologise then he would sue him for Rs 100 crore.
Sharma had in April alleged that his ex-managers Neeti, Preeti Simoes and Lalvani had tried to extort Rs 25 lakhs from him. He alleged that Lalvani started a false and malicious propaganda to defame him on digital media after he refused to pay him the amount.
Kapil also took to Twitter in April and wrote series of tweets abusing Lalwani which included a lot of F-words and highly offensive words in Hindi. He initially blamed the hackers for abusive tweets and drew flak from the Twitterati who refused to believe it. Kapil later tweeted that whatever he wrote came from his heart and it was his team that deleted those tweets. He also posted the images of the complaint filed. Screenshot of this since-deleted tweets is now doing rounds of social media.
Kapil also reportedly called up Vicky Lalvani, on April 6 evening and threatened him. Lalvani recorded the entire conversation and posted it on YouTube. Lalvani told news agency ANI that Kapil even said offensive things about his daughter and abused him.
The comedian, who became a household name with show Comedy Nights with Kapil, has been going through a rough patch in his career as well as in his personal life. Last year, Kapil had confessed that he was suffering from depression and had undergone treatment for the same.