GST: What all got cheaper, check full list here
The 25th GST council meet was held on Thursday. During the meeting, a rate cut on 49 items was recommended.
The change in rates would be applicable from January 25 onwards. Here is a full list of finalised good on which a rate change would be affected.
28 to 18 per cent:
- Old and used motor vehicles (medium and large cars and SUVs) on the margin of the supplier, subject to the condition that no input tax credit of central excise duty/value-added tax or GST paid on such vehicles has been availed by him.
- Buses, for use in public transport, which exclusively run on biofuels.
28 to 12 per cent:
- All types of old and used motors vehicles (other than medium and large cars and SUVs) on the margin of the supplier of subject to the conditions that no input tax credit of central excise duty /value-added tax or GST paid on such vehicles has been availed by him.
18 to 12 per cent:
- Sugar boiled confectionary
- Drinking water packed in 20 litters bottles
- Fertilizer grade Phosphoric acid
- Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis
- Bacillus thuringiensis var. kurstaki
- Bacillus thuringiensis var. galleriae
- Bacillus sphaericus
- Trichoderma viride
- Trichoderma harzianum
- Pseudomonas fluoresens
- NPV of Helicoverpaarmigera
- NPV of Spodopteralitura
- Neem based pesticides
- Bamboo wood building joinery
- Drip irrigation system including laterals, sprinklers
- Mechanical Sprayer
18 to 5 per cent:
- Tamarind Kernel Powder
- Mehendi paste in cones
- LPG supplied for supply to household domestic consumers by private LPG distributors
- Scientific and technical instruments, apparatus, equipment, accessories, parts, components, spares, tools, mockups and modules, raw material and consumables required for launch vehicles and satellites and payloads
12 to 5 per cent:
- Articles of straw, of esparto or of other plaiting materials; basket-ware and wickerwork
12 to 18 per cent:
- Cigarette filter rods
12 to 5 per cent with no refund of unutilised input tax credit:
- Velvet fabric
3 to 0.25 per cent:
- Diamonds and precious stones
Nil GST rate:
- Parts and accessories for the manufacture of hearing aids.
- De-oiled rice bran
Nil to 5 per cent:
- Rice bran (other than de-oiled rice bran)