The Income Tax department conducted raids in nearly 187 locations in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
The raids began at the Jaya TV office when a team of 10 officials from the IT department began the process under 'Operation Clean Money.' Sources in the IT department say that there were complaints about shell companies, dubious investments, fund flow and fudging of accounts by Jaya TV, started by former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and currently controlled by the family of Sasikala.
Here are the prominent places where the IT department conducted the raid:
- Jaya TV at Ekkatthuthangal in Chennai
- The residence of AIADMK leader T T V Dhinakaran at Mannai Nagar in Mannargudi.
- Sasikala's brother Dhivakaran's residence at Sundara Kottai
- Residence of Vivek Jayaraman in Chennai
- Jazz Cinemas owned by Sasikala's family members.
- Residence of Pugazhendi, Karnataka AIADMK secretary
- Office of Dr Namadhu MGR
- Hill retreat of Jayalalithaa, Kodanad estate
- Sasikala's elder brother Sundaravadanam's residence in Gandhi Nagar in Pudukkottai
- Sasikala's husband M Natarajan's Thanjavur residence