• search
For New-delhi Updates
Allow Notification  

Delhi acid attack: A syringe gave the mastermind away


New Delhi, Dec 27:The twist in the investigation of the acid attack case in New Delhi came when the police was intrigued by the unique way in which the acid was squirted out at the victim. According to reports, the 30-year old victim (also a doctor) said that acid was thrown at her with a syringe used for medical purposes at Rajouri Garden on Tuesday.

A police officer said,"While the case was probed from different angles, the used of the syringe ruled out robbery as the motive." He further added,"The chemical had to be obtained from a laboratory and was not regular acid, indicating at the involvement of someone from a chemical or medicinal background." Investigations further revealed that the assailants had followed the victim from her house.

 Accused involved in the recent Rajouri garden acid attack case Ashok Yadav and other after being arrested by Delhi Police, in New Delhi

Following this, the Delhi police arrested Ashok Yadav, a senior resident doctor at a private hospital in Raja Garden. Incidentally, he knew the victim for 10 years and was also in a relationship with him for more than three years. But when his proposal of marriage was turned down by the victim, he wanted revenge.

He decided to scar her for life so that her marriage breaks. "He wanted to hurt her so that no one else apart from him would marry her," said a police officer.

The victim did not suspect the accused at all and trusted him so much that she threatened to take the case back if investigators implicated him or subjected him to questioning, said a senior police officer.

While Yadav had masterminded the attack, his friend Vaibhav hired two juveniles and paid them Rs 25,000 to execute the plan. The duo had stolen a bike to carry out the plan.

During interrogation, Yadav confessed that he had carried out a dummy run on himself and used water to check whether everything was fine. "They practised on December 17 with water and after a successful trial, planned the attack for December 21. But the attack failed then because the victim took her car to work," said Pushpendra Kumar, DCP (west).

After Tuesday's attack, Yadav asked the juveniles to bring back the belongings and dispose of the bag and the mobile phone. While the victim's bag was recovered from Khyala, the phone was traced to Yamuna Vihar.

OneIndia News

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more