• search
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

Couple killed as mosquito coil falls on blanket sets house afire

|

Bareilly (UP), Nov 17: A young couple was killed when their house caught fire after blanket caught fire due to mosquito coil in Vanshi Nagala locality under the jurisdiction of Subhash Nagar police station, police said.

Couple killed as mosquito coil falls on blanket sets house afire

Vijay Saxena (35) and his wife Rajni (30) were found dead on Saturday morning when their neighbours broke into their house seeing smoke coming out of it, said Subhash Kumar, SP, City.

Massive fire incidents in 3 major states MP, Maharashtra, Telangana; 1 dead

According to reports, the couple was reportedly high on liquor and couldn't get a chance to escape after fire broke out in their single room house which was locked from inside.

Police suspect that the fire was caused by a mosquito coil that was lit under a wooden cot. Most household goods were damaged in the fire, the SP said, adding that both bodies have been sent for post mortem.

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X