Girl eats own hair; Docs retrieve 2 kg hair knot from stomach

Posted By:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Beijing, Sept 9: In a bizarre incident in China, an 8-year old girl complained of nausea and started losing weight. Doctors checked her for diseases, but were shocked to know that the reason behind the deteriorating health was a 2 kg clot of hair in her stomach.

It was revealed that the girl was eating her own hair and clothes.


A similar incident had happened in Kyrgyzstan when a knot of hair weighing 4 kg was found in a lady's stomach. Sensing danger, the doctors operated her and found a huge ball of hair and carpet wool in her stomach. "In fact, her stomach was so badly swollen from hair and bits of wool from the carpet that it literally just oozed out soon as the wall of the stomach was cut," said one of the surgeons.

While the girl recovered, she promised her parents never to eat the tip of her hair or devour hair and carpet wool. 

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...