2G scam verdict: Judgment date to be announced on Dec 5
A CBI special court in Delhi on Tuesday adjourned the date of verdict in 2G scam case to 5 December. The judge said that he needs time to prepare the judgement.
The judge also said that he would require three more weeks.
In the last hearing, the court had indicated that it would announce the date of the verdict on November 7.
Hearing in the five-year-old trial had concluded in April. The verdict was reserved for orders on April 16, 2017. The accused in the case include former telecom minister A Raja, DMK leader Kanimozhi and others.
The court had been hearing three cases - two filed by the CBI and the third by the Enforcement Directorate. The CBI had filed two cases against Raja and others in connection with the scam about six years ago.
In one case, apart from Raja, former telecom secretary Sidharth Behura, Raja's erstwhile private secretary R K Chandolia, Swan Telecom promoters Shahid Usman Balwa and Vinod Goenka, as well as managing director of Unitech Ltd Sanjay Chandra, are accused.
In the second case, Essar Group promoters Ravi Ruia and Anshuman Ruia, Loop Telecom promoters Kiran Khaitan and her husband I P Khaitan and Essar Group director Vikash Saraf are facing trial.
Three firms - Loop Telecom Ltd, Loop Mobile India Ltd and Essar Tele Holding Ltd (ETHL) - have been charged in the case.