• search
For Bhopal Updates
Allow Notification  

50 children hospitalised after Ammonia gas cylinder explodes in Madhya Pradesh

By Chennabasaveshwar
|

At least 50 children were hospitalised on Wednesday after ammonia gas cylinder exploded in a store in Madhya Pradesh's Chhindwara.

The incident took place in Chhindwara, 286 km away from Bhopal.

15 children hospitalised after Ammonia gas cylinder explodes in Madhya Pradesh

Ammonia gas cylinder exploded in a cold storage facility near Bharatiya Vidya Mandir school. Soon after the students and a teacher fell unconscious. Immediately they were taken out of the school.

Nearly 800 students were present on the school campus when the gas leaked from the adjoining cold storage, located on Narsingpur road, a senior official said told PTI.

Panic gripped the area as children started falling unconscious.

District Collector JK Jain, SDM Rajesh Shahi and Commissioner Itchit Gadhpale have reached the spot to take stock of the situation. District Collector J K Jain ordered an inquiry into the incident.

SP Gaurav Tiwari said teams of fire brigade and ambulances were rushed to the spot after the incident was reported. "The situation is now under control and we are are questioning the cold storage owner," he said.

OneIndia News

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more