Five of family dead in fire mishap in AP

Posted By: PTI
Subscribe to Oneindia News
Rajahmundry (AP), Mar 11: Five persons of a family, including two children, were on Tuesday charred to death in a fire accident in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.

The blaze started around 2 AM inside Durga Cinema hall at Dowleswaram village due to a short circuit, police said.

Soon the flames spread and engulfed the adjoining hutment, where the victims were fast asleep.

T Muthayala Rao's family comprising wife T Murthamma (40), T Sri Lakshmi (20), T Vasantha (23) Srivani (4) and Greshmi (3) were killed in the fire, while he escaped death.

The fire was doused in four hours after extinguishers were pressed into service.

Dowleswaram police have registered a case and investigation is on.


Please Wait while comments are loading...