Bengaluru, July 3: An Albino monocled cobra, popularly known as a white cobra, was sighted and rescued for the first time ever at a house in the city in Mathikere limits of Bengaluru on Monday.
The snake rescuer Rajesh Kumar and Vivek Urs rushed to the spot and were taken aback after seeing a two-day-old albino cobra hatchling.
"When I got a call from a house owner from the Gokula Extension in Mathikere, I was under the impression it was another common cobra. But it was a pleasant surprise for me," said Rajesh to TOI.
The snake was quarter feet long and was released into the suitable habitat, he added.
What is Albino Cobra?
The Monocled Cobra is a highly dangerous snake. Its bite produces both neurotoxic and cytotoxic venom. The neurotoxic venom attacks the nervous system, which can cause respiratory failure and lead to death if left untreated.