Toddler dies as home remedy turns toxic

Posted By: PTI
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Tirunelveli (TN), July 3: A two-year-old baby girl, suffering from diarrhoea died today, after her mother gave her an overdose of some home-made mixture, allegedly suggested by a local Siddha doctor, police said.

The woman had taken the child to the Siddha practitioner and as suggested by him had given the mixture of honey, medicated camphor and powdered pepper to stop diarrhoea. However, as the girl's condition worsened, she was rushed to the Government Hospital at Palayamkottai here.

The doctor, who checked the baby, said the mixture had turned into a toxic, and treated her. But she did not respond to the treatment and died. Doctors said the mother had given an over dose of the mixture. Police registered a case and is investigating the matter.

"We are trying to probe foul play, if any," said the police.


Please Wait while comments are loading...