New Delhi, Apr 18: Fire broke out in a slum cluster in east Delhi after an electric wire fell on it early on Sunday, Apr 18, morning. One person was burnt to death and another seriously injured in the incident.
A senior fire brigade official said that the mishap took place at around 2:50 am, in the slum cluster located behind Ankur apartment in Patparganj.
Seven fire tenders have been sent to place of incident. The inferno was doushed within an hour.
“The blaze broke out after an electric wire caught fire and fell on it," the official said.
Earlier on Apr 8, atleast 600 hutments were burnt down when a major power transmission line fell down on a slum in Ghazipur.