Sino-Indian Army exercise postponed to 2010: MEA
New Delhi, Sep 24: India and China will hold joint military exercises in 2010 and no such drill is planned for this year, government said on Thursday, Sep 24.
Reacting to media reports that the Sino-Indian joint army exercise had been 'called off', Ministry of External Affairs Spokesperson Vishnu Prakash said that the two countries had mutually decided to have the exercise in 2010.
"It was mutually decided during the last exercise that the next joint military exercise would be held in 2010. Therefore, no joint military exercise was planned in 2009," Prakash said in a statement here.
He said India and China had conducted joint military exercises in 2007 and 2008.
Earlier China had informed India that it would be busy with its 60th National Day celebrations scheduled for Oct 2009. Hence it would not be able to host the Indian Army personnel for the exercise this year.
The two sides, then, decided to hold the exercise in China in 2010.