Mumbai: School bus catches fire, 15 kids injured
Mumbai, Aug 20: At least 15 children were injured when their school bus caught fire in Panvel Town in Raigad district of Maharashtra on Thursday, Aug 20, police said.
The incident took place when the private mini-bus proceeding to C K T High School in Navi Mumbai, about 30 km from Panvel, caught fire at about 6:50 am. Sources said that the children were trapped inside the burning bus.
Police official said, "Preliminary reports indicate that the mini-bus caught fire due to a short-circuit but investigations are on."
Principal S T Ghade of C K T College said, "The injured children, of whom two are said to be in serious condition, have been admitted to nearby hospitals." He also said that the private mini bus had been contracted by the parents.