Barwani, MP, Oct 25 (UNI) A local court has issued directives to a Power Distribution Company to provide compensation of Rs 76,000 to a family of a tribal farmer, who was electrocuted due to carelessness of the company.
Prosecution said one Gagandas, a resident of Jhiri Jamli village in this district's Sendhwa area, was electrocuted when he came in contact of a live electricity wire which broke and fell on his farm, on August 8, 2003.
He is survived by his wife Tudi Bai and two sons, who lodged a complaint against the company.
Additional District Judge N K Satsangi delievered the verdict yesterday.
UNI XC-KV AKJ CS1607