London, Sept 10 : Actor Josh Hartnett is suing the Daily Mirror newspaper over claims by the publication that he had a "sexual dalliance" in a public area of a London hotel.
The 30-year-old star's lawyers have said that he is now seeking damages for defamation.
The statement said that Hartnett, who is all set to star in a West End production of 'Rain Man', is also seeking a public apology.
According to the Mirror story, the actor was captured on CCTV footage romping with a woman in the library of a Soho hotel.
It is also alleged that the workers were a witness to the incident. However, Hartnett's legal representatives have said that the allegations are "not only untrue but a complete fabrication," and were also "defamatory and unsubstantiated". They further said that the story defaming the 'Pearl Harbor' actor had been republished around the world.