Father, son die after inhaling poisonous gas in well

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Hoshiarpur, Aug 18 (UNI) A father and son were killed after inhaling a poisonous gas in a well in Fathegarh village, near here today.

According to police sources, Rafi Mohammed (15) entered the well to adjust the belt of the engine of a tubewell motor. While he was at the job, he suddenly fell unconscious.

The father, Masoom Ali entered the well to rescue his son, but he too fell unconscious. As both of them lay on the floor of the well, a village youth, identified as Raju rushed to the spot and entered the well and met the same fate.

A few residents of the village who had seen the three enter the well raised an alarm and informed the security staff of Reliance Industries at Chohal village and also intimated the local fire department. All the three were later pulled out of the well and rushed to the local hospital, where Rafi Mohammed and his father, Masoom Ali were declared brought dead while Raju was still under treatment.

The father-son duo belonged to the Gujjar community and were residents of Lakhanpur in Jammu. They had recently moved here along with their family and their cattle.


Please Wait while comments are loading...