Goods worth Rs 50 lakh destroyed in fire

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Nashik, May 18 (UNI) Goods worth Rs 50 lakh were destroyed in a fire, at a cold storage unit in Konkangaon village of Niphad taluka of the district today.

The fire broke out suddenly this morning at Bhalerao Cold Storage unit of Konkangaon and was doused after four hours. Four fire tenders were pressed into service to control the fire, sources said The goods, which were destroyed, include export quality dry grapes, machinery for packaging and other materials.

Though the exact reason behind the fire is not yet known, prima facie, short circuit seems to be the reason, sources said.

Owner of the cold storage unit Sushil Bhalerao, resident of Kundewadi, Niphad taluka, however, denied the possibility of short circuit.


Please Wait while comments are loading...