Three killed due to gas leak in industrial unit

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Karnal, May 9: Three workers died while one fell critically sick due to accumulation of poisonous gas in the Pollution Control Unit (PCU) of an iron factory here today.

According to police, three workers had gone to rectify the water connection which had developed a fault in the PCU of Prakash Iron Industry here.

The three, identified as Akbar (35), Satish (35) and Jasmer (30), however, were suffocated by the accumalated poisonous gas inside the unit.

The fourth worker, Rajender, who went to inquire when the trio did not return for sometime, also fell unconscious inside the unit after inhaling the poisonous gas.

As soon as the matter came to light, the fire brigade and police were called. They pulled out the four workers and rushed them to civil hospital.

While Akbar, Satish and Jasmer were declared brought dead by the doctors, condition of Rajender was stated to be critical.

Police have registered a case against the owner of the industry.

The bodies of the three workers were handed over to their relatives after an autopsy.


Please Wait while comments are loading...