One dies, two sick due to food poisioning

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Phagwara, Dec 18 (UNI) A 20-year-old man today died while his two colleagues fell unconscious due to food poisioning at their residence near Hoshiarpur road.

According to police, Vikramjit Singh, a carpenter, and his colleagues Raman Kumar (21) and Jaspaul Singh(30), all hailing from Bassi Anoopa village in Hoshiarpur district had cooked a meal of rice and 'chana' at their shared rented room.

Soon after taking the food, all three fell sick and were rushed in unconscious state to civil hospital where Vikramjit was declared brought dead by the doctors. The condition of the other two undergoing treatment in the hospital was described as stable.

According to Senior Medical Officer Dr Kailash Kapoor perhaps some poisonous substance in their meal had caused severe food poisioning.


Please Wait while comments are loading...