One died, another serious after consuming poison in Kashmir

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Srinagar, Dec 18 (UNI) A 17-year-old girl died and her brother was critical when they consumed some poisonous substance in south Kashmir, official sources said today.

They said a 19-year-old Mohammad Iqbal Wani and his 17-year-old sister Sami Jan consumed some poisonous substance in their house at Mir Maidan Dooru in Anantnag district last night.

They were immediately rushed to Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences at Soura here where doctors declared the girl brought dead.

It was not immediately known why Sami and Iqbal, children of Ghulam Nabi Wani took the extreme step.

The trend of commiting suicide in the Kashmir valley has not come down even after Muslim ulmas, including Grand Mufti, Mufti Azam Bashir-ud-din issued a fatwa against it.

They declared it unislamic and against the teachings of Prophet Mohammad.


Please Wait while comments are loading...