7 hospitalised due to chlorine gas leak: CEM

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Chennai, Dec 7 (UNI) Community Environmental Monitoring (CEM) an NGO working for environmental issues today said seven people were hospitalised due to chlorine gas leak from Chemplast Sanmar's Chloralkali plant in Mettur.

In a release here, the CEM said according to State Pollution Control Board, the leak was caused by power failure in the factory at 1100 hrs.

Residents and commuters around the factory complained of a burning sensation in the eye, bloated stomach, giddiness and vomiting, following the leak.

Chemplast Sanmar's plant three manufactures caustic soda and chlorine by using mercury cell process, the release added.


Please Wait while comments are loading...