Six members of a family injured in fire

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Nashik, Dec 6 (UNI) Six members of a family were injured when their hut caught fire in Lakhamapur Phata area of Dindori taluka here last night.

According to police, the family had lit a bonfire. After some time when the family went to sleep, a spark from the bonfire caught their hut and engulfed it.

In this fire, Sudam Dhansingh Rathod (40), his wife, Nirgum (35), daughters -- Payal (3), Sheetal (8), and sons -- Shyam (5) and Rameshwar (6), received serious burn injuries.

The nearby residents doused the fire later.

According to police, Sudam, originally a resident of Jalgoan district, was working as a labourer at a farm in Lakhamapur Phata area.

All the six have been admitted to the district civil hospital and police is investigating the matter further.


Please Wait while comments are loading...