Four members of same family die on inhaling smoke

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Lakhisarai, Nov 13 (UNI) Three women and a new-born infant died on the spot after inhaling smoke in their thatched house at Hasanpur village in this South Bihar district last night.

Reports today said the mishap occurred when three women, of the same family, went to sleep along with the new-born baby inside the closed room.

In order to keep the room warm, they lit some husks which generated a lot of smoke.

When the other members of the family broke open the door this morning after not getting any response from inside, they found all the four lying dead.

All the bodies were rushed to a nearby hospital where they were declared brought dead.

The bodies were sent for post-mortem and it was apprehended that the victims died after inhaling poisonous carbon monoxide inside the bolted room.

Later, the local MP visited the house and consoled the victims' family. He also announced an ex gratia of Rs 5,000 each to the next of kin of each of the deceased, sources added.


Please Wait while comments are loading...