Gas leakage in Usha Martin Co claims two lives

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Jamshedpur, Sep 19 (UNI) Two employees of Usha Martin Wire Products Company died following a leakage of poisonous gas inside the works at the company's plant at Gamharia industrial area in Seraikela-Kharsawan district last night.

Police today said the deceased, identified as Aman Kumar (25) and Banmali Pradhan (30), went for the night shift duty but they died after inhaling poisonous gas that has been suspected to have leaked from the pipe.

The workers of the morning shift found the two bodies lying on the floor of the chamber. They informed the company management about the incident and the bodies were sent to Tata Main Hospital here but the doctors pronounced them ''brought dead''.

The family members of the deceased and the employees agitated before the company gate and blamed the management for inadequate safety measures in the plant.

They were demanding adequate compensation in accordance with the Factory Act.

Meanwhile, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA from the area Champai Soren and the leaders of the other political parties were holding meeting with the company management for compensation to the affected families and job for next of kin of the deceased.


Please Wait while comments are loading...