• search

Pak rejects allegation relating to Mumbai blasts

Written by: Staff
|

Islamabad, Dec 1: Pakistan rejected allegations made by Indian National Security Advisor M K Narayanan on the involvement of nine Pakistan-based Jehadi terrorists in the July 11 Mumbai blast.

Pakistan has termed as 'unfortunate' the Indian blame-game despite the assurance by New Delhi at the foreign secretary-level talks early this month that in future it would not accuse Pakistan without any evidence.

''Such statements are unfortunate in the absence of any evidence and merely propagandist in nature,'' Pakistan foreign ministry spokeswoman Tasneem Aslam said while reacting to Mr Narayanan's claim on Wednesday that 'nine Pakistan-based Jehadi terrorists' were involved in the July 11 Mumbai blasts.

Mr Narayanan's declaration comes a fortnight after Pakistan and India formally set up an institutional mechanism to cooperate in counter-terrorism efforts.

Dawn newspaper quoted Ms Aslam as saying that Pakistan had so far received no official communication from India in this regard and neither had the government raised the issue with New Delhi.

''No leads, information or evidence has been shared with us till now,'' she said while recalling an assurance held out by Foreign Secretary Shiv Shankar Menon at the last round of talks that India would not indulge in finger-pointing towards Pakistan without evidence.

''Clearly this claim is at variance with that understanding given to us,'' Ms Aslam said.

She stressed that a proper forum to raise such matters was the joint anti-terror mechanism and not the media.

Mr Narayanan told an international seminar in New Delhi on Wednesday that probe into the Mumbai attacks was complete and the involvement of 'nine Pakistan-based Jehadi terrorists', of whom one died, had been confirmed.

According to him, the investigations had revealed that attacks were 'masterminded by well-known Jehadi leaders in Pakistan' and eight Pakistan-based terrorists were allegedly involved in the attacks had managed to escape to their country.

Dismissing the allegations as baseless, the spokesperson noted, ''If India was serious about it and had evidence, it would have come forward and shared it with us by now.''

UNI

In Focus

7/11 Mumbai bomb blast

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X