• search

Tata cos signs JV deal to set up captive power plants

Written by: Staff
|

Mumbai, Nov 22 (UNI) Tata Steel today announced the signing of joint venture agreement with Tata Power to set up captive power plants in Chattisgarh, Orissa and Jharkhand to meet the power and steam requirements of its existing and to-be-set-up steel plants in these states.

Tata Steel will hold 26 per cent equity in the venture with Tata Power holding the remaining 74 per cent equity, the company informed the BSE.

Under the agreement, Tata Steel will consume power generated from these power plants in consonance with the norms stipulated by the Union Government's Captive Power Plant Policy.

Tata Power will initially set up a 120 MW captive power plant for Tata Steel in Jamshedpur by utilising waste gases from the steel making process, the company said in a statement.

UNI SA NV1458

For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more