3 minor siblings killed in mishap
Sitapur, Sep 14 (UNI) Three minor siblings were buried alive, when the house of a fire-crackers manufacturer collapsed under the impact of a blaze and subsequent explosion in Sindhauli area here today.
The victims' mother, Mehrunissa, also sustained grievous burns in the mishap. The deceased were identified as Siraj, Amil and Ashraf.
According to the police, a short-circuit in the overhead power cable first caused fire in the dwelling's thatched roof at Santnagar locality around 1600 hrs.
The flames spread quickly and the gun-powder stored inside exploded, pulling down the 'kuccha' structure.
Meanwhile, the work to remove debris is on.
UNI XC-VS LL HS1856