• search

Five firemen injured in fire in foam factory

Written by: Staff
|

New Delhi, Aug 30: Five firemen were injured in a major fire at a foam manufacturing unit packed with tonnes of inflammable material in the Okhla industrial area of South Delhi today, the fire brigade said.

According to the Deputy Chief Fire Officer A K Sharma, the injured were rushed to the hospital. Firemen on the spot said the fire was apparently sparked by an electrical short circuit.

The three-storey building collapsed due to the blaze which also gutted tonnes of plastic and cloth material and PVC pipes stored there.

As many bas 30 fire tenders were sent to battle the blaze.

UNI

For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more