• search

South Africa not to replace Pakistan against England

Written by: Staff
|

Johannesburg, Aug 25 (UNI) South Africa today turned down a request from the ECB for the Proteas to replace Pakistan should they withdraw from the ODI series against England following the ball tampering controversy in the forfeited Test match at the Oval on Monday.

Confirming that Cricket South Africa (CSA) were approached by the ECB to play in case Pakistan pulls out from the ODI series next week, board CEO Gerald Majola today said they turned down the request due to their prior commitment in Zimbabwe.

''We were approached by the ECB earlier this week, requesting the Proteas to replace Pakistan should they withdraw from the ODI tournament against England,'' Majola said in a staement today.

''We have turned down the request on the basis that we are committed to playing against Zimbabwe in the three-match MTN ODI tournament starting next month,'' he added.

South Africa will host Zimbabwe for three one-dayers between September 15-20.

UNI XC DH PM PC1916

For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more