ONGC workers to boycott celeberations
New Delhi, Aug 09 (UNI) More than 24,000 officers of state-owned oil exploring giant, ONGC will boycott the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the company on 14th July as a mark of protest against the Petroleum Ministry whom they allege have denied issuing 100 shares of the Company.
The Association of Scientific and Technical Officers (ASTO), President L K Mirchandani said that the protest is against the ''callousness and paraochial attitude of the Ministry which has insulted the dignity and self-respect of the employees of ONGC by deliberately denying them a befitting Golden Jubilee reward,''.
ONGC will be completeing 50 years of exisitence on August 14.
ASTO has demanded the issue of 100 shares of ONGC to increase the sense of ownership.
Mr Mirchandani said despite of the best efforts of the ONGC management which has been steering this issue on the board and the Ministry for the past two months the issue could not be settled due to the ''high -handedness of the Ministry which had been dragging its feet on this issue.'' Executives will refrain from preparations for the celebrations.
UNI/RT SKU KP1926