Roadblocks for BMIC continue; work from Mysore end stalled
Mysore, July 7 (UNI) Putting spokes in the work on the 111-km expressway of the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor project from the Mysore end, the Mysore administration today stopped the bhoomi pooja for the project, amidst high drama for over four hours.
The Mysore Urban Development Authority (MUDA) officials obstructed NICE personnel from making arrangements for the ground breaking ceremony, citing the non-payment of funds by the promoters for the land acquired for the project. However, the Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise, the project promoters, contended that it had paid the necessary fund to the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB), to be handed over to MUDA.
The entire area had been barricaded by the police and sensing trouble, prohibitory orders under Section 144 of CrPC clamped on the city suburbs. NICE Managing Director Ashok Kheny and other company officials were barred entry to the pooja site.
When Mr Kheny met Deputy Commissioner S Selvakumar, also the MUDA Chairman, at his office and sought reasons for stopping the work, the latter explained that the activities had to be stalled as they had neither been informed by the KIADB about payment, nor been paid for the earmarked 14 acres and 14 guntas of land.
Talking to newspersons who accompanied him, Mr Kheny said NICE had already deposited Rs 110 crore with the KIADB and it was responsible for releasing the land. He had already talked to KIADB regarding making the payment to MUDA to clear the land. The process might be completed later in the day and work was expected to commence by July 11.
Denying that he would approach the court in this regard, he said he would move the court only if the court pulled up NICE for violation of its order.
(Eds: Here, pick up suitably from earlier series) UNI BSP GD RP KP2016