Four of family die in well
Ambikapur, Jul 4 (UNI) Four persons of a family died after they descended into a 40-foot-deep well at their residence, for cleaning it, in Madanpur village located 30 km from here in Chhattisgarh's Sarguja district, police said.
The victims in yesterday's mishap were Lal (15), Narayan (25), Deegan (25) and Ramroop (38). Police were alerted as the four did not emerge. A rescue team from the South-Eastern Coalfields Ltd found the victims dead.
As Madanpur is in the vicinity of collieries, it was suspected that leakage of poisonous gas caused the fatalities.
UNI XC-AC MSJ HT1728