Shatabadi delayed due to fire in coach
Ambala, May 13 (UNI) The 2011 Shatabadi Express on way to Kalka from New Delhi was delayed for about one and a half hours after its AC system caught fire near Shahbad Markanda today.
According to railway sources, the fire reportely due to a short circuit was controlled by railway staff on board the train.
There was no report of any casualty or loss to property. The train was allowed to leave after getting clearance from senior railway officials who had reached the spot of the incident.
Railway sources said that when the train was passing through Shahabad Markanda station at around 1015 hours, its AC system inside coach number 1-C suddenly caught fire. On receiving information, the train was halted and the fire was controled with the help of fire extinguishers by the staff including driver, guard and passengers.
UNI XC HS VD RN2005