• search

29 injured in cooking gas cylinder blast in hotel

Written by: Staff
|

Aurangabad, Maharashtra, May 9 (UNI) Twenty-nine people, were injured in a cooking gas cylinder blast at a hotel in Kanchanwadi, about 20 km from here, this evening.

The injured including a former corporator Nandu Ghodele, have been rushed to the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) and the condition of five of them is reported to be serious.

Police said the victims, including Mr Ghodele, were sitting in the Srinath Hotel when the cylinder exploded around 1830 hours leading to a fire that caused extensive damage to the hotel.

The residents of Kanchanwadi and nearby localities help the victims and shifted them to the GMCH.

A fire brigade team, led by chief fire officer Shivaji Jhanjhan, rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control.

UNI XR MAZ SB DB2344

For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more