• search

Over 20 fall sick due to food poisoning in Punjab

Written by: Staff
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Patiala May 6 (UNI) Over 20 people were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning at a birthday party at Banur town in the district.

A Health department spokesman yesterday said these people fell ill after consuming sweets at the birthday party of the two-year-old daughter of Banur resident Sukhdeep Singh.

The affected people were rushed to a local nursing home. None of them was reported to be serious.

He said the sweets were bought from a local sweet shop from where a team of food inspectors collected samples. The samples were sent to the state laboratory at Chandigarh for examination.

He said strict action would be taken against the owners of the shop in case it was proved that sweets were stale or contaminated.

UNI XC VJ VP0518

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more