Junagadh, May 2 (UNI) About 70 people, most of them women, fell ill due to suspected food poisoning at a marriage reception at Nanakotda village in Visavadar taluka yesterday.
The people fell ill after eating 'mawa' sweetmeat at the marriage of the nephew of local legislator Knubhai Bhalag.
When contacted, Mr Bhalag said that all the patients were rushed to a nearby private hospitals at Visavadar, Bilkha and Bagasra towns.
He said most of the patients have been discharged today.
UNI XR-VKC MA GC2032