Ahmedabad, Apr 19 (UNI) At least 150 people have taken ill in Naroda area of the city after consuming adulterated milk.
Ahmedabad Muncipal Corporation's Standing Committee Chairperson Madhu Patel, who visited the patients, told UNI that these people had suffered bouts of vomiting and diarrhoea, after drinking the milk from a private dairy yesterday.
''They were immediately shifted to hospitals. Many of them were discharged after being prescribed medicines,'' she said.
At least 41 of them, including five children, have been admitted in the Shardaben hospital, Resident Medical Officer M M Nirmal said.
''They were all suffering from food poisoning. They are now doing fine,'' he said.
Many others have been admitted to other private hospitals.
Investigations are on, police said.
UNI MMG MJ YA DS1307