• search

Two Taiwan Embassy officials in Kashmir for Huang's cremation

Written by: Staff

Srinagar, Apr 9 (UNI) A two-member team from Taiwan Embassy in New Delhi arrived here today to facilitate the cremation of Huang Sui Chin, a Taiwanese tourist whose highly decomposed body was recovered from Nigeen Lake yesterday after she had gone missing on March 22.

Highly-placed sources told UNI that Huang's husband and some other relatives will arrive here tomorrow morning for cremation.

They would be reaching New Delhi at 0230 hrs tomorrow from Taiwan and catch the morning flight for Srinagar.

The sources said Huang's husband and relatives would perform the last rites.

They said the Counsellor and the Deputy Secretary of Taiwan Embassy in New Delhi arrived here this afternoon to monitor and facilitate Huang's cremation in Srinagar tomorrow.

Huang's second daughter Liutsai Lin and her friend Chenshin Chi are already here. Huang's another daughter Resdenda Chin who came with her friend Joseph, on April one to trace her mother, had left for Taiwan on April 7.

The sources said a shocked Liutsai had identified the body of her mother. She said her mother had undergone surgery and has mark of stitches on her stomach.

After identifying the body, Liutsai claimed it, but asked the authorities here to go ahead with the cremation, they added.

However, the authorities contacted Taiwan Embassy officials in New Delhi who refused to give them permission to cremate Huang, the sources said.

They said the Embassy officials told the authorities here that her daughter could not decide about the cremation and only her husband can take a decision in this regard.

The Embassy officials asked the authorities here to wait till tomorrow as they had informed Huang's husband and he would be arriving in Srinagar that day, the sources added.

They said the cremation would now be held tomorrow once Huang's husband arrives.

The sources said the police have registered a criminal case and Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Srinagar Munir Khan will investigate the matter.

They said despite Liutsai identifying the body of Huang, the authorities have decided to conduct a DNA test on her.

Huang's highly-decomposed body was recovered from Nigeen Lake after 17 days of extensive search in the entire Kashmir valley.


For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more