No trace of Quattrocchi: CBI
New Delhi, Mar 31 (UNI) There is no trace yet of fugitive Italian businessman Ottavio Quattrocchi, wanted in connection with the Bofors payoffs case, the CBI informed the trial court today.
Counsel for the agency told the court that though the Interpol red corner notice No 5323/93 and Control No A4412/1999 against Quattrochi was still in existence, the fugitive is yet to be caught.
Despite efforts by the agency, Quattrochi has not been located by the Interpol so far, the counsel said, saying more information would be submitted in court as and when it was received.
The court had asked the agency last December to file a status report on its efforts to arrest Quattrochi.
The CBI had filed a chargesheet against him on Oct 21, 1999. A supplementary chargesheet was filed on January 9, 2000.
The next hearing in the case would be on May 10.
UNI XC VD BD1943