Around 150 huts gutted in a fire in Murshidabad
Bahrampore, Mar 28 (UNI) Around 150 huts were reduced to ashes as a major fire broke out in Shyamnagar, Bali, Kedarchandpur and Seikhpara villages under Naoda police station, sources said.
Block development officer Sayeed Saizul Hassan said it was not exactly known how the fire broke out. However, it might be due to short circuit in high tension wire, he added.
Several families were rendered homeless as huts were reduced to ashes Murshidabad district in the state, he said.
Scores of goats and poultry also perished in the fire.
Fire tenders had rushed from Nadia district to contain the fire.
Tarpaulins and other relief material had been distributed among the affected people, he said.
The local MLA Jayanta Biswas had visited the spot.
The situation was under control, he added.
UNI XC JYN PG DB2003