Kasprowicz rejects Glamorgan offer
DURBAN, Mar 21 (Reuters) Seam bowler Michael Kasprowicz has rejected an offer to play for Glamorgan this season in order that he can focus on trying to keep his position in Australia's test team.
''The news on Michael is very disappointing but at the end of the day we can't do that much about it,'' Glamorgan chief executive Mike Fatkin told the Welsh county's official website today.
The 34-year-old Kasprowicz was recalled for Australia's tour to South Africa after being dropped during the Ashes defeat by England last year.
''I've spent my whole career being just in or just out of the Australian side,'' he told reporters in Durban, venue for the second test against South Africa which starts on Friday.
''I felt my circumstances changed by getting selected on this tour. Having the (Australian) winter at home and training hard, I think that will give me my best opportunity to be at my best for the start of next season.
''Whether that's playing for Australia or playing for Queensland, I can't see into the future. It was something I stewed over a lot.'' Australia won the first test in Cape Town by seven wickets and Kasprowicz said the controversial pitch used at Newlands was refreshing because it brought the bowlers into the game more.
''It offered a bit of seam and spin, it was something you don't see every day,'' he said.
''I think it's good to see batsmen getting challenged now and again, they can't have it all their own way.'' Kasprowicz opened the bowling in Cape Town, returning match figures of three for 83.
''It's always good taking the new ball, in 17 seasons of first-class cricket I've taken a lot of new balls, so it's nothing new,'' he said.
''But it's great to be doing it for Australia.'' REUTERS SY RAI0009