• search

Fire breaks out at the Central Excise office's godown

Written by: Staff
|

Rajkot, Mar 17: A huge fire broke out at the godown of the Central Excise office in Kothi compound here reducing seizure goods and Central Excise records to ashes.

According to the fire brigade sources, firebrigade personel put out the flames after struggling for three hours last night.

Fire broke out at around 2045 hrs, however, no one was injured in the incident, the sources added Preliminary investigations revealed that fire broke out due to electric short circuit, the sources added.

The godown is situated near the office of the Suprintendent of Central Excise in Kothi Compound.

Exact loss of the goods and records were yet to be ascertained.

UNI

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more