Qatar extradites Egyptian wanted for Cairo attacks
CAIRO, March 11 (Reuters) Qatar has extradited to Egypt an Egyptian suspected of financing attacks on tourists in Cairo last year, an Interior Ministry official said today.
The man was handed over to Egyptian authorities yesterday, the official said. He was one of 14 people referred for trial by the public prosecutor this week for involvement in the two bombings and a shooting in April last year.
However, the official Qatari news agency QNA quoted an unidentified Qatari Interior Ministry source as denying that the Gulf state had handed over anyone to Egypt in the recent past.
The first bombing, on April 7 in a Cairo bazaar popular with tourists, killed the bomber, two French people and an American.
On April 30, a bomber from the same group wounded tourists near Cairo's Egyptian museum while his sister and wife opened fire on a tourist bus in the south of the city. All three attackers died.
Reuters OM VP0245