• search

Bangladesh blasts mastermind surrenders

Written by: Staff
|

Dhaka, Mar 2 (UNI) Prime accused in last year's serial blasts in Bangladesh, Shaikh Abdur Rahman surrendered early today alongwith two others after being holed up in his hideout for almost 36 hours in the country's northeastern Sylhet town, police said.

The Jamaatul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) supremo was the mastermind of the orchestrated blasts that rocked the country's 63 districts on August 17 last year.

Elite forces of Rapid Action Battalion and police had kept the house, where Rahman was hiding, cordoned off since Tuesday night and were pressing him to surrender.

Rahman finally surendered this morning and emerged from a house in Sylhet at about 0720 hrs local time, police said.

Last afternoon, Shaikh's wife, daughter and children who were staying in the house came out and surrendered to the police.

UNI XC PA PC0840

For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more