Kolkata: Thirty-one constituencies in three districts of West Bengal went to polls on Monday (April 11). This is the second day of phase 1 of this year's election in the state which started on April 4 (Monday) [High turnout in Phase 1A]. Tight security was in place to ensure fair and peaceful polling. [Pix of Bengal polls 2016]
- Assembly Polls 2016 Full Coverage
- High-profile candidates of West Bengal poll phase 1B
- A brief look at 2011 results in 31 seats going to polls today
- Bengal poll results: 1952-2011
- Cautious EC defers release of turnout figures every 2 hours
- Assam goes to final phase of polling
Phase 1B: A brief look:
- Total candidates 163 (women 21)
- Total voters: 69.9 lakh
- Male voters: 36.11 lakh
- Women voters: 33.68 lakh
- Maximum candidates: Chhatna constituency (Bankura)
- Minimum candidates: Keshpur constituency (West Midnapore)
- Total polling stations: 8,465
- Total EVMS: 8,465
9.55 am:Armed man seen roaming around in Sonamukhi constituency in Bankura.
Requesting all those voting in Assam & West Bengal today to cast their vote in large numbers.
Requesting all those voting in Assam & West Bengal today to cast their vote in large numbers.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) April 11, 2016
9.35 am: Long queue of voters seen in Ghatal, Garbeta and Keshiari constituencies in West Midnapore district.
7.19 am: Left's polling agents allegedly beaten up by Trinamool Congress cadres in various booths in Jamuria constituency in Burdwan district. One arrested. Clashes between Left and TMC supporters also reported.
7.00 am: Polling begins. [Total 31 seats: West Midnapore: 13 seats, Bankura and Burdwan districts: 9 each]
Stay tuned for the live updates.