Bengaluru, Nov 18: The Save Indian Family Foundation will celebrate International Men's Day on November 19th by taking out a bike rally during which various issues relating to Men's rights would be raised.
While the SIFF says that on November 19th they would celebrate being a man, there would also be key issues that would raised on this day.
This year SIFF are organizing a Bike Rally in Bangalore to mark the International Men's Day on 19th Nov. The event solemnizes the spirit of brotherhood and celebrates the contributions of men towards nation & society.
The rally will start from Ecospace Tech Park, Bellandur at 12 noon and end at Graphite India via Marathalli bridge, KR Puram, Hoodi Circle &ITPL road and open for participation to general masses
There are many issues that face men in the current society. There is either little or no awareness regarding these issues in the society. This leads to the creation of an atmosphere that is highly insensitive towards a man.
Some of the key issues facing men are:
- Men face discrimination targeted against them in the family courts.
- Today, there is a 90% chance that a man will lose access to his children if he gets separated or divorced.
- Government and courts have no policy for prevention of suicide of married men.
- Even if a man is abused by a woman, society rarely punishes the abusive woman.
- Men are conditioned by the society to take more risks and endanger their lives and limbs to play the role of an UNPAID PROTECTOR.
- The sacrifices that men make for society and family are taken for granted and considered to be a duty for the man.
- The contributions that men make towards society and family often go unsung.
- The Government of India has no official mechanism available at their disposal to collect statistics regarding "crime against men".
- Men are not encouraged to prioritize their individual contentment; rather, their goodness is measured by how much they can sacrifice for others.
- Men find it very difficult and challenging to discuss about their issues and concerns.