UP budget 2022-23: Yogi 2.0 govt targets $1 trillion GDP state economy| Key takeaways
New Delhi, May 26: Uttar Pradesh Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna on Thursday tabled the maiden budget of Yogi Adityanath's second term government in the state assembly.
"The economy of the state is improving rapidly. We believe that we will be successful in taking the state's economy to USD 1 trillion," Khanna said while tabling the budget.
Here's key takeaways
- Uttar Pradesh will soon have five international airports, including one at Kushinagar in Ayodhya
- Free travel facility for women above 60 years of age in public transport (buses), increase in pension of widows and destitute women, and meritorious girl students.
- Free electricity to the farmers for irrigation, the state government will have to spend an additional Rs 1800 crore annually.
- Financial assistance under Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana to be increased from 15 thousand to 25 thousand.
- Allotted Rs 276.66 crore for Uttar Pradesh special security force entrusted with the security of courts and historical and religious places, including Ayodhya, Kashi and Mathura.
- Under the Police Emergency Management System, the second phase of the 112 scheme will start this fiscal.
- A provision of Rs 730.88 crore is proposed for the strengthening of the system.
- Almost 2.55 crore farmers have received money in their bank accounts under the Prime Minister's Kisan Samman Nidhi, which entails an annual income support of Rs 6,000 in three equal instalments.
- The Finance Minister noted that a record payment of Rs 1.71 lakh crore had so far been made to the sugarcane farmers in the state.
- The Irrigation Department is expected to get more than Rs 20 thousand crore in the budget.
- Khanna said ration card portability had been implemented in the state and it would benefit around 15 crore people in seamlessly receiving food grains. The state is implementing Mission Shakti for women and girl child in the state
- Construction of an ATS Centre is also underway in Deoband in Saharanpur to keep a check on terrorist activities
- Around 159 criminals have been killed and action is underway against 50 identified mafia in the state